R.M. of Ellice - Archie Spring Road Restriction Policy
The R.M. of Ellice - Archie Council will be implementing Spring Road Restrictions, coinciding with the onset of Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation Spring Road Restrictions.
The following parameters will govern all municipally owned roads with in the municipality:
1. Ellice - Archie Spring Road Restrictions will run concurrent with the
Infrastructure and Transportation Spring Road Restrictions;
2. Gravel Roads: Weight will be limited to 60 kg per 10 mm of tire width on any one axle assembly.
3. Paved Roads: Weight will be limited to 45 kg per 10 mm of tire width on any one axle assembly.
4. Speed limits on all roads will be reduced to 50 kms per hour for the
of Spring Road Restrictions.
Any company or individual wishing to apply for a permit to exceed the weight restrictions must submit the following information:
1. A detailed map indicating the roads you wish to use, with the points you wish to
access clearly marked;
2. A list of companies/individuals who will be hauling; and
3. A road maintenance agreement duly signed by the individual having authority, roads may be inspected prior to haul and after, roads must be rectified to pre-haul conditions.
Please allow a minimum of 2 business days for processing your application.
It is important to note that anyone found hauling over limit will be subject to a fine.
Anyone holding a permit who is found to be NOT in compliance will have their permit revoked for the duration of the Spring Road Restrictions.